[time-nuts] optically excite a quartz crystal?

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Mon Apr 21 13:29:25 UTC 2014

Agree there are some like that, but, only a few. A large spring loaded plate
is not going to dampen a piece of quartz vibrating in the MHz range at all.
Granted, the sealed, and metalized construction is a better one, but it is
mostly done to minimize shock and impurities. - Mike

Mike B. Feher, EOZ Inc.
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731
732-886-5960 office