[time-nuts] hp 54600a and rs-232

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 16:32:38 UTC 2014

Yup, set your program to 7E2 and test it.

I would fire up a terminal program like hyperterm and see if you can talk
to it manually before anything else. With only four baud rates to check, it
isn't too many combinations. Not many things support split baud rates
(different rate for rx and tx), but if it does, make sure they are the
same.

You can also try looping back the tx/rx pins on the rs232 port from the
computer to check that out standalone first. That should work at any baud
rate and parity setting.

Bob