[time-nuts] Tektronix TM500 extender cable kit

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 00:19:32 UTC 2014

Yes,  all 56 pins are extended,  including the PWR pin unique to the 5000 series (it is a power good/power-on reset sort of signal).    Several of the TM500 modules are also double-wides and need two extender cables.
I have not done an extender for the GPIB connector,  but that would be  easy to build.   When I've needed to extend the GPIB bus in the past,  I just used a cable that had a 20 pin ribbon cable edge card connector on it and a standard IDC header on the other end that plugged into the mainframe motherboard where the GPIB connectors connected (the mainfame I was using had the GPIB connector bus built out of IDC ribbon cable/connectors.