[time-nuts] How are iPhones' clocks set under LTE?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 13:57:52 UTC 2014

From: Paul

In the US it tries [0-3].us.pool and my local address.  It chooses the
"best" three of those and then it chooses one.  The list also shows
(in pool.ntp.org) [0-3],  europe,  north-america. asia. oceania,
south-america and time.apple.com in that order.  Is it the same in the
UK?
====================================

Thanks, Paul.  On checking, mine does exactly the same, and my own local
stratum-1 server sometimes ends up with a sigma of "9999", and is not
chosen.  I now appreciate what you mean by "chosen" - "selected as the
comparison source".

As William Arnett says - could do better.  Perhaps you and I should remind
them about that - they have responded to other requests on mine in the past.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk