[time-nuts] WWVB for Time Nuts

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Aug 9 20:31:38 UTC 2014

Hi Paul:

The key point in my prior message is that the bulk of the effort at Xtendwave is to find ways around the inadequate
stability of common watch crystals.
If a time nuts quality frequency source is available then the long words can be decoded with simple circuitry.  Be sure
to check out the link where I've listed her papers most with links.
http://www.prc68.com/I/Loop.shtml#PhaseMod

The DCF77 receivers that were mentioned recently are only using phase for synchronization and AM for the data even
though there's also phase data.

The dynamic range of the Xtendwave receiver is over 100 dB, they get that by using a capacitive voltage divider in front
of the LNA which has a 1.5 dB NF to start and when the attenuator is adding loss they don't care about the NF.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com
http://www.prc68.com/I/DietNutrition.html