[time-nuts] Is this DOCXO an SC or AT cut rock?

Garry Thorp GThorp at pascall.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 12:25:57 UTC 2014

Scott,

It doesn't look like AT-cut. AT-cut oven crystals are run at their upper turnover point, which is a minimum, so the frequency starts high from power up at normal room temperature.
With SC-cut, the f/T curve is shifted to the right and they are operated at their lower turnover point (a maximum), so the frequency starts off low.

Regards,
Garry