[time-nuts] Worlds first time code generator and ultimate decoder

Tom Harris celephicus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 23:52:00 UTC 2014

>> If your fingers ain't purple, you ain't doin' science...

A blast from the past, when the output was recorded as a line on paper. I
remember those recorders with pens that had to be filled from a bottle of
ink, purple and green were popular colours, and both stained your fingers.

As a bonus it was easy to perform integrations of the output over time.
Simply cut the roll along the recorded line and weigh the remainder on an
analytical balance, the ratio of the weight to an equal length of uncut
roll was the integral.

What larks!

Tom Harris <celephicus at gmail.com>