[time-nuts] Ublox neo-7M GPS

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Aug 19 21:51:14 UTC 2014

Hi

They are constrained by the same basic TCXO issues that give you sawtooth correction. They do not use EFC to get the TCXO on frequency. With sawtooth they give you a word that lets you know what’s going on. With the NCO’s they often are doing very crude synthesis. They don’t put a $48 DDS chip in a $10 GPS module. If you put one on a spectrum analyzer, it’s not pretty ….

Bob