[time-nuts] EFC info on Trimble 34310-T OXCO

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Fri Aug 22 18:39:26 UTC 2014

Does anyone have any info on the OXCO in the Nortel/Trimble NTBW50AA-17
GPSTM receiver?  The OXCO is labeled as Trimble 34310-T.  I see some Trimble
34310-T oscillators on Ebay with pinouts labeled, but no other info.

Specifically, I'd like to know the EFC characteristics for it.  I'm thinking
of the possibility of pulling the OXCO out of the GPSTM and subbing in a 10
MHz Rubidium, and using the GPSTM to discipline the Rubidium.  My Rubidium
is a Symmetricom X72, recently purchased.  It seems to be working well.
Does anyone know the differences between the three OXCOs used in the GPSTM
receivers ("T", "T2" and "Oak")?

Thanks for some insight,
Dave M