[time-nuts] GPS antenna in snowy environment (was: LEA-6T, Software.)

Dan Kemppainen dan at irtelemetrics.com
Thu Aug 28 16:00:19 UTC 2014

Björn,

Can you provide links to some examples? A picture or two would be great!

Attila,

Almost all the snow we get accumulates. However it does settle, even
then by mid February it's not unusual to see 4 or 5 feet on the ground...

However, that raises a good questions, in terms of cones and shedding
snow. I wonder how a straight slender vertical pipe with capped end
would work. Say 6 feet long. Let the snow build on the top. You might
loose a few degrees of sky view above it, but how detrimental would that
be?

Lots to think about before winter! :)

Dan