[time-nuts] PRS-45 Cs Standard

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 1 21:08:37 UTC 2014

Hi Bob,

On 12/01/2014 05:54 PM, Bob Stewart wrote:
> I've just won a "Symmetricom / Datum PRS45A PRS45-0001K - Single Cesium PRS-45 DS1" on ebay from a guy in the Netherlands.  It's listed as used in good working condition, so ebay should protect me if it's not.  Hopefully he has the training to get it to me.
>
> It seems to also be known as a "TImeCesium".  I've been looking around on the internet, and I don't find a lot of information on these other than the user document on N4IQT's site.  Is anyone using one of these, and do you have the software for it?

I bet it has the same cesium platform as my Telecom Solutions, and then
the FTS-4065 software on the RS-232 port should be exactly what you want.

PRS = Primary Reference Source - the ANSI SONET term which is also
associated with Stratum 1. The two DS1 outputs is means to feed the
PDH/SONET network in the 1,544 Mb/s hierarchy.

I had a tool for pulling that datastream out of it, but it was relative
easy to write a tool from the FTS manual as I recall it, but I never got
around to do it. You do want to record the output of the RS-232 to a
log, so you can monitor the state of it and see how it behavves.

Cheers,
Magnus