[time-nuts] Homebrew frequency counter, need help

LiAng lllaaa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:05:47 UTC 2014

Bob Camp <kb8tq at ...> writes:

> Hi
>
> Looks like something came loose when you swapped around the parts. That
or the regulator is very noisy.

> Bob

I know why the stop1-start is not stable. There is a noise generator
enabled. If start & stop1 is OK, I can change configuration to get 45ps or
even 22ps resolution.

However, does the 45ps or 22ps resolution make any sense while there is
60ps rms noise? In the interpolation scenario, the time we measure changes.
It's not like the laser range measure case.