[time-nuts] Convert Stanford Research SR620 time-interval counter to SR625 ???

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 15:39:25 UTC 2014

On 28 Nov 2014 02:06, "Don Latham" <djl at montana.com> wrote:

> I’ve just replaced the SR620 oxco option 01 with a Morion, by simply
adding a 7812 to the 15 v heater

Did the SR620 have option 01 before you did the mod?

In other words,  did you change to the Moxen because you believe it is
better than Stanford Research's high stability, or just because the SR620
had the TCXO?

Will the 7812 not add noise? There are lot lower noise devices around,  but
I guess if it only powering the oven, it is not important

I am still waiting to hear my SR620 has been dispatched.

Dave.