[time-nuts] Minicircuits 10% discount in December

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 09:29:53 UTC 2014

On 27 Nov 2014 13:56, "Jim Lux" <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Time to stock up on those transformers, mixers, amplifiers<grin>
>
> "Throughout the month of December, all online orders of any quantity of
any Mini-Circuits catalog model from our web store on minicircuits.com will
receive a 10% *discount!
> "

I thought I would place my order online to get the discount,  whereas I
normally do by phone.

I decided to order from the USA rather than the UK. MiniCircuits charged me
$102 to ship twelve SMA terminations and ten N terminations by UPS. That is
their "shipping & handling change".

I could send the same bits from the UK to the USA for less than 50% of that
and I don't have a UPS account.  A UPS account holder would get a better
rate.

I can get free shipping in the UK if I spend more than some relatively
small amount,  but I pay a lot more for the parts. Minicircuits use an
exchange rate of close to 1 USD = 1 GBP.

I seem to be between a rock and a hard place - either pay a ridiculous
exchange rate,  or pay a ridiculous shipping & handling cost.

Dave, G8WRB.