[time-nuts] Minicircuits 10% discount in December

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 12:50:13 UTC 2014

On 5 Dec 2014 12:23, "Bob Camp" <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> Shipping across the atlantic has become silly expensive over the last
decade. There are a *lot* of organizations that are behind the curve on
figuring out how to do it cheaply.

> Bob

I ship VNA calibration kits across the Atlantic almost every week -
admittedly in the other direction.  It doesn't cost me anything like what
Minicircuits charge.

I regularly buy thins sent via Fedex, UPS and DHL, and don't pay so much to
ship what must be less than 2 kg - possibly less than 1 kg.

I suspect that the "handling" part of the charge is the real problem.

Dave.