[time-nuts] LTE-Lite

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Dec 5 14:41:06 UTC 2014

We were talking about remotely viewing light from small things
like LED's.  I hardly think that telling me about a 1m diameter
solar "light pipe", or the marvels of ancient Egyptians is relevant.

I see two types of devices used for moving light remotely:

1) fiber optic, which is a standardized media, and is available
    off the shelf, and in any length you want.  It isn't all the
    stuff meant to run data around.

2) custom molded acrylic light pipes, which are, well, custom
    made devices for the situation at hand.

Which of the two do you think is more applicable to the OP's
needs?

-Chuck Harris