[time-nuts] Questionable question about the Lucent RFTGs

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Fri Dec 5 21:17:08 UTC 2014

Am 05.12.2014 um 21:20 schrieb Hal Murray: doug at dougronald.com said:
> The 68000 was "just" a CPU.  It didn't have the typical counter/timers (or
> other IO gear) that are found in many modern chips targeted at the embedded
> market.  Today, you can probably get everything you need on an Arm SOC.
> That's ROM/Flash, RAM, counter/timer and UART.
The REF1 unit has the 68331 = 68K CPU with Counter/timers, UART,
baudrate gen, real time clock,
watchdog, address decoders, but no onchip memory. Moto's answer to the
80186.

And it's got 2 of them, one on the main board and one in the GPS module.
They are good
for 16 MHz. High perfomance is different, nowadays.

Gerhard

(back to looking where I can get clean power for my doubler in the REF1)