[time-nuts] Did a member of time-nuts buy this?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 21:51:45 UTC 2014

On 6 Dec 2014 21:10, "paul swed" <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:

> David
> I picked my unit up for $125 at a Hamfesyt and the tube was absolutely bad
> as it turned out. But then what do you expect for the $. That said another
> time nut gave me his dead tube from a 5060. I spent a good deal of time
> getting it adapted into the 5061 now name Frankenstein. This included a
new
> oven controller.
> But it was all about learning and boy did I. Still nothing like some of
the
> folks on Time nuts truly they have the expertise and feel for the beasts.
>
> But the fumes were enough for me to get an actual feel for a CS reference
> and why they were always left on. Also it drove home a lot of the physics
> and math.
> Now for $125, thats a pretty good education.

The fumes will do for me!

I got an HP 58503A as I need a solution, not a project.

But playing with a Cs for a bit of fun/education is something quite
different. But maybe I should wait until one comes up in the UK, shipping
is going to be $300-$500.

Due to the size of the UK, there's a lot less test equipment around here
than the US. What we do have here tends to be quite expensive.

Dave