[time-nuts] Did a member of time-nuts buy this?

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 17:15:15 UTC 2014

If you could get the rebuild cost to 3-5K there probably would be a market.

 But that would be more of a vacuum nuts project as high vacuum systems are a black art.

You would need to open the physics package with a lathe   Remove the Cs residue replace the ionizer and poss the mass spec.  Put a new Cs ampule in place.  Reweld the housing and evacuate it to ion pump levels.

Not an easy task.   Doable but not easy and since the primary customer for Cs is the price no object crew who just buys new.   Not much of a driver to develop a process

Content by Scott
Typos by Siri