[time-nuts] Lucent / Z3810A log time offset.

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Sun Dec 7 19:59:21 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> If the magic "write the time to flash" routine runs once every 2 hours,
> then that would explain the log. Numbers like 4 or 8 times a day are not
> uncommon for this sort of thing.

I'm being unclear.  If you look at a Z3811 log you'll see that the
timestamps immediately after [GPS valid] are now GPS time -- prior to [GPS
valid] they're deltas from the previous midnight.  This happens with
various power reset intervals (I've fiddled) unless, at least in one case
for me, the power reset happens less than ~20 seconds after the last one
i.e. before [Power settings ok].  Also based on my experience the "bad"
[GPS valid] message, unlike the others, isn't propagated to the Z3812 log.

I'm not sure I want to conduct the rapid reset experiment to see if this
was a glitch, bug or feature.