[time-nuts] 10MHz LTE-Lite

Orin Eman orin.eman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 20:01:27 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Byron Hayes Jr <bhayes at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> So, I brought out "Big Gonzo", a HP 5335A counter with Option 010
> (Hi-Stability time base) I purchased on eBay about six months ago but had
> never fired up.  It came up OK and I hooked it to the LTE-Lite output.  It
> initially read 10000028, but I gave it a couple of hours to warm up the
> oscillator oven and stabilize.  By then, the reading had settled to 10 000
> 000.  Now I switched cables and hooked the Rb to the 5335A, and it read 10
> 000 000.  I hooked the LTE-Lite to channel A of the 5335A and the Rb to
> channel B of the 5335A, and set the counter to "ratio".  When it settled,
> the counter read 1.000 000 indicating that the two outputs were the same
> frequency, at least to six decimals.  Apparently the 5335A is "right on".

You can get another couple of digits for frequency out of the 5335A by
setting the gate longer... I use about 2 o'clock on the Gate Adj. pot.

My 5335A is now reading 9 999 999.96 for both LTE Lite and Trimble
Thunderbolt.  It must be coming on 4 years since Joe/KN5U adjusted the OCXO
in the 5335A, so its drift seems well within spec.

Orin.