[time-nuts] Beaglebone NTP server

Brian Lloyd brian at lloyd.aero
Thu Dec 11 14:14:18 UTC 2014

On Thursday, December 11, 2014, Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Ah, but will the exact same single board computer be available for
> replacement in 5 years?

Most likely not. These days I can't imagine a manufacturer making the same
SBC or mobo board for more than a year. If you consider BBB to be the
logical continuance of the original beagle board then it is going on two
years but is at rev C.

> Or will it be Rev F instead of Rev B, with "just a few tweaks to improve
> performance", but also enough that it's not "drop the image on it and run"
>
> What about 10 years?
> 15?

If that is an issue, buy a spare and keep it in the same box with each
running one. Heck, buy two spares.