[time-nuts] Linear voltage regulator hints...

xaos xaos at darksmile.net
Fri Dec 12 00:37:22 UTC 2014

I don't know if this is the right time to ask this but here goes.
I have started a design for a linear power supply for the Beagleboard

5V 5-10A. Over-Voltage, short circuit and temp protection.
Very low ripple and HF noise.

I have been watching this thread and I am still not sure
what device would give me what I want. I am not as good as
some circuit designers here, to design a PS
via discreet transistors. Dr. Bruce Griffiths comes to mind.
He would probably do this with his eyes closed.

So, I need to use a regulator chip.

The TI TPS7A4700 looks great but it can only supply 1A.

Any other candidates ?

I am sorry if I am somehow asking an obvious question.

-George