[time-nuts] Linear voltage regulator hints... --> WHY?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 12 14:15:28 UTC 2014

On 12/12/14, 5:09 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
———

> Are we really that far apart - not really. We each are talking about
> two sides of the same coin. The real world is a messy place. Analysis
> often takes a back seat to the “fun of doing something”. That’s not
> to say it should though …

And sometimes, the analysis is the fun part.

These days, with awesome computational horsepower at your fingertips,
anywhere, you can do analysis in places and times that are infeasible
for bench work.

I get a lot of useful analysis and modeling done on airplane flights
across the country. No phone calls, no meetings to go to, no emails to
respond to, no self induced distractions. 4-5 glorious mostly
uninterrupted hours with forced seat time. (especially with more planes
having 110V outlets at the seat)