[time-nuts] Wanted: Expert opinion of HP 58503A GPS time and frequency receiver.

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 15:43:10 UTC 2014

As you will have gathered from my posts on this mailing list, I bought
something from eBay that was supposed to be an HP 58503A:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271642102264

But I have every reason to believe has a new case and serial number
label fitted to the old chassis. The serial number just fell off in
fact, but I managed to find it on the floor! I can't imagine HP serial
numbers falling off, but this one did!!

Does anyone know of a person that could give an expert opinion of the
unit, to ascertain whether it is a fake or not? Ideally someone who
worked at HP on these units.

If so, please drop me a private email.

Dave