[time-nuts] Pinging EWKehren

Mike Monett timenuts at binsamp.e4ward.com
Fri Dec 12 21:36:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

I got your email, but my reply bounced due to DMARC failure. I get the
following error message:

  Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.3.0 - Other mail system  problem 521-'5.2.1
  : (DMARC) This message failed DMARC Evaluation and is  being refused
  due to provided DMARC Policy' (delivery attempts: 0)

Apparently AOL, Comcast, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo! Mail and others have
switched to this new standard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMARC

I would suggest using gmail, but google has gone to single sign-on and now
wants me to create a new mail account with the following message:

  You'll be  able to sign in using your new Gmail address,  which will
  become the primary email address associated with this account. We'll
  send account  updates, invitations, and other notifications  to your
  Gmail address.

I don't want account updates and invitations from google. I want my old
gmail account, but they won't let me in.

I tried my old email address at Yahoo!, but I now get the following message:

  Welcome to News in Mail!
  Now get personalized news right in your mailbox.
  News stories you care about are only one tab away.

I don't care about getting Yahoo! news in my mailbox.

At the moment, I have no way to respond to your email. The only thing I can
suggest is to get another email account that is not connected to AOL,
google, or Yahoo!

Sorry,

Mike