[time-nuts] Another GPSDO

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Sat Dec 13 02:17:19 UTC 2014

Just an update.

I found that I didn't have another 24 VDC supply, so Mouser to the
rescue. The supply arrived today.

I just finished wiring everything up and setting the Lucent boxes next
to my Z3801A. When I ordered the Lucent, I also ordered an HP antenna
splitter (shouldn't have sold the one I had, years ago).

It took 13 minutes from powerup to get the On and STBY lights on. I
get a 10 MHz square wave and a 15 MHz sine wave out of REF 0.

I just did a couple of quick measurements with my scope triggering on
the Z3801A. The 10 MHz from REF 0 was initially low by 1.66e-10. Ten
minutes later, it is 2.77e-10 high.

Joe Gray
W5JG

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> The antenna connectors on the front of the KS box are TNC's  ....
>
> Bob
>
>> On Dec 9, 2014, at 9:13 PM, Joseph Gray <jgray at zianet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Paul,
>>
>> Thanks for the info. I have been following most of the discussion on
>> these units. I have even saved several posts, so that I could
>> reference them once I had one of these.
>>
>> I do plan on letting it cook for quite some time. I will certainly
>> check it via serial port to make sure everything is OK before the 30
>> day warranty is up.
>>
>> I just dug up some SMA to BNC pigtails I still need to find a 24 VDC
>> supply (I think I have one), make a power cable, move some things to
>> make a space for this thing, etc.
>>
>> Joe Gray
>> W5JG
>>

>> On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 6:22 PM, paul swed <paulswedb at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Joe since the lucents are most likely NOS you will need to let it cook in
>>> 30 days. I now have two units and they do match up well to the 3801. But
>>> they did need to age. Just a heads up.
>>> It is nice to see them line up pretty well.
>>> Regards
>>> Paul