[time-nuts] Errors on HP 58503A GPS time & frequency reference receiver b...

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Dec 13 13:03:01 UTC 2014

Ebay does not protect buyers and it is understandable. Look at the # of
your buys and the # of the seller. I can tell you horror stories and in the
case  of
_ggg*fitting_ (http://www.ebay.com/usr/ggg*fitting?_trksid=p2047675.l2559)
when I posted a  negative review refused me a refund after I send back the
defective used 5680  advertised as new. I did have the emails ebay did
nothing. Sellers are more  important. I did post that experience on the list but
since in conversation with  time nuts find out the still buy and experience
problems. They deserve it.
Some sellers  know the system and communicate with you till time  expires
for review and ebay and pay pal do not read the dialog only state seller  has
responded, case closed.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 12/13/2014 5:37:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk writes:

On 13 December  2014 at 05:13, Peter <timenut at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> On 12  December 2014 at 08:31, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
>
>> This has  been reported to eBay by telephone, reported to the police,
and I will soon  create a case on
>> eBay, and report it as a fake. I have a crime  reference number from the
police.

>> Unlike others, I *am*  going to do something about this scam, rather
than just get my money back  and
>> let the problem persist for others.
>
> It's great  that you have generously decided to help expose the scams of
yixunhk,  particularly considering the time and effort involved.  I am sure
that  many, especially time-nuts, will be grateful.  Of course, yixunhk's
HP-equipment rebirthing scams are not confined to the HP 58503A/B models -
but  your reporting to eBay should nevertheless also help expose yixunhk's
other  scams.

> Peter

Thank you Peter.

I find it odd that  so many time-nuts appear to be aware of this scam,
but have done little or  nothing about it.

I don't know if this is a "British thing" to want to  report such
practices, but we do have a few TV programs where reporters  have
exposed scammers. e.g.

"Coyboy  Builders"
http://www.channel5.com/shows/cowboy-builders

"You've Been  Scammed"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017k60v

In contrast, it  seems many time-nuts are aware yixunhk is selling
counterfeit items,  several have fallen victim to it, but few if any
have done done anything  about it. I find that quite strange  myself.

Dave