[time-nuts] Linear voltage regulator hints...

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sat Dec 13 19:53:32 UTC 2014

>What have you observed, out of the GPS, with the temperature variations?

Also, when you say "the GPS temperature," what, exactly, are you
measuring/reporting?  Is the GPS's own time base varying with
temperature?**  And how much thermal isolation is there between the
various subsystems (GPS, PLL circuitry, OCXO, etc.) in your test setup?

Some photos of the test setup could be helpful.

Best regards,

Charles

**  I'm assuming that the GPS does not use the OCXO output for its
own timing.  That is such a good idea, I can't understand why more
designers don't do it.