[time-nuts] Ventilation of HP 58503A GPS time & frequency reference receiver

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 19:14:42 UTC 2014

On 14 December 2014 at 02:31, Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> You see a lot of surplus HP gear with the feet pulled. That was pretty standard when gear was rack mounted.
>
> Bob

There are not the usual 3 holes underneath where feet go.

I would nice to be able to find a few photos of a real 58503A. Does
anyone have a known genuine one?

I suspect this will go back to China, so I'm not going to spend much
time on it, but I have slid the the case back 25  mm or so, to get a
bit more ventilation. The electronics runs much cooler. I would not
want it to overheat before it gets back to China.

Dave