[time-nuts] Meaning of "SS" on status screen from 58503A

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Dec 14 20:25:03 UTC 2014

Hi

http://www.cnssys.com/files/M12+UsersGuide.pdf

On page 46 there is a pretty good chart for signal strength to c/n. The chart for the Motoroal GPS module in yours should be quite similar.

If there is no SCPI then it’s a “feature enhancement” in a later version of the firmware.

Are you looking at the data with a terminal program or via Z38xx? If it’s through Z38xx the program is probably converting things for you. From the screen shot it looks like your are running a terminal.

Sending:

*CLS

will clear the error message at the top of your screen ...

Bob