[time-nuts] GPS position averaging

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Tue Dec 16 02:39:14 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> So the question - If they are not going to be equal, which one do you pick?

The better one.  If the math is sound the presumably the better position
results in better time.
If there are correlated defects then I suppose the GPS provided solution
may be better.

None of the various surveys for my primary antenna (which is not optimally
located) agree and all are "wrong" compared to carrier phase solutions.
The delta between the various units (Trimble, uBlox and whatever is in the
Fury) is greater than the delta between my indoor and outdoor antenna
positions in xy.  Z not so much.