[time-nuts] GPS position averaging

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Tue Dec 16 09:31:37 UTC 2014

I compared results from many different timing receiver surveys (VP, UT+,Resolution-T,SMT, Jupiter , that of LH for my T-Bolt, Ublox-6T)  with the Google Earth position and with the exception of the Ublox receiver they are all within the bounds of the GE uncertainty which is around 2m from the reports of 2013 I have seen on the web. LH is one of the nearest . The Ublox timing receivers , 6T (2),  and navigation 6M,7N and M8N averaged positions (I was letting U-center do the averaging) were not as close even though they are more modern. U-center is showing them 5-7 meters to the north. I have no idea as to why that could be.