[time-nuts] Connections for FE-5680A rubidium sources

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 23:15:23 UTC 2014

On 16 Dec 2014 23:06, "Bob Camp" <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> What ever you do, take the extra step of checking the baseplate
temperature once you have things up and running. The Rb’s will *work* over
a wide temperature range. The region over which they will last a long time
is a bit more narrow. I seem to have spent a lot of time demonstrating
that. Keeping the baseplate below 40C (and above 10) does indeed extend
their lifespan.

> Bob

Cheers Bob.

I have a 2U 19" HP case that was used for a test set for a VNA. I will see
what the temperature is with that.

But the first thing is to test if they work.

Dave