[time-nuts] Connections for FE-5680A rubidium sources

Brian M brayniac at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:36:50 UTC 2014

I just power mine off an old 19vdc laptop supply dropped with a linear
regulator (and filtered) to provide ~17vdc  No 5vdc supply required for
mine. I recall reading that some have an internal 5v regulator. I believe
the way to check is if the lock pin signals and PPS is present without
external 5vdc supply. Mine does. Your experience might vary - but that was
my experience with my copy.

I also didn't have serial connected on mine. Had to mod it to bring out
serial. Anybody else face that?

- Brian