[time-nuts] Choke Rings and Points North

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Wed Dec 17 03:41:40 UTC 2014

>>Inquiring minds surely are in high gear!!  And to think, all I
>>wanted to know was how close I needed to to point to north!!
>
>The need to point north is a legitimate question. There is a chance
>that they designed some magic into it to deliberately shape the response.

Having taken a few apart, I very much doubt that.  I think they try
to get the phase center coincident with the mechanical center, but
knowing that it won't be exact, they want you to orient it so that
the residual error is always in the same direction.  You can point
the arrow in any direction you want, as long as you do it consistently.

Best regards,

Charles