[time-nuts] Cheap 5370A on eBay

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Dec 19 13:50:53 UTC 2014

Hi

A *lot* of errors on the 5370’s (A or B) can be traced to a couple of fairly simple issues:

1) Connectors and sockets. Simple un-plug and plug back in may solve the problem (at least for a while).

2) The power supply. The parts are pretty common, so it’s a fairly easy fix.

3) Alignment. This takes a while, but these beasts do drift.

No I’m not suggesting that you buy every single 5370 based on it being an “easy fix”. I would indeed check 1 and 2 above on any 5370 that comes in. There are things like ROM’s with known defects that die and are a bit more problematic to replace ( = get the replacement CPU board).

Bob