[time-nuts] DeLorme Tripmate GPS receiver

ed breya eb at telight.com
Mon Dec 22 04:43:43 UTC 2014

I peeled open the shield can without too much deformation, so it can
be restored. I found that it's a single board, with the DSP on one
side, and the RF section on the other. It is a Rockwell chipset, with
11577-11 DSP, and 6732-13 RF. On searching I found that this seems to
be called their Jupiter GPS from circa late 1990s - I found quite a
lot of info at the module level, but not for the actual ICs, like
pinout data. The set includes all the usual GPS stuff including 1
PPS, and is capable of several levels of on-ness. So, if the uP that
makes it a DeLorme merely sets some control lines to activate it,
then I should be able to override them to force it always on - if I
can figure them out. If instead the uP programs something internal to
the DSP to control power states, then fuggetabout it - it will be junk.

So, does anyone know of the Jupiter chipset, and where to find
chip-level info for these parts?

Ed