[time-nuts] schematics of frequency counter

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Dec 24 20:59:02 UTC 2014

The CLK1 input circuit produces an output incompatiblr with the 3.3V CMOS deice it drives.A pair of pnp transistors in an otherwise similar circuit is capable of producing a 3.3V CMOS compatible output signal.
Using independent voltage dividers to bias the transistor bases is a bad idea in that resistor tolerances may lead to a dc input offset of seeeveral tens of millivolts even with 1% resistors,
Bruce