[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Dec 27 20:16:29 UTC 2014

Look at the bottom of this page refclock.htm
<http://doc.ntp.org/4.1.0/refclock.htm> for a list a clocks that NTP can
use.  Some of them are GPS receivers.  For example "type 30" is the Oncore
line of receivers and Type 20 is any generic NMEA GPS receiver, with is by
far the most common type.

There is nothing special about configuring a Soekis.  It is just like any
other system that runs ntpd.  The top of the documentation pages is here
http://doc.ntp.org/4.1.0/ntpd.htm

Bob, Chris,

Thanks for your answers, but as I mentioned, I'm using NTPns and not stock
NTP.

I appreciate the requirements for an accurate PPS source - this should be
within a microsecond to start with, and then I may try a more accurate
source (I have a couple of GPSDOs).

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu