[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Sat Dec 27 21:49:07 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 4:56 AM, David J Taylor <
david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a Soekris 4501 running with NanoBSD and have got as far as adding
> the PPS/DCD/GPIO modifications to the hardware.

Did you replace the crystal?

> I would now like to get NTPns working with that more precise timing which
> is available, but as I don't have an Oncore or a DCF77 receiver I am stuck.

I suspect you'd need to ask PHK.  NTPns supports pps-api and it supposrts
ntpv4 as a time source so there's hope but the a quick look at the driver
specifics suggests  that pps may not work without one of the two device
sources working.  I don't think you need an Oncore but you would need a
minimum set of Motorola binary messages.  Maybe you have a compatible
Synergy device?