[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Sun Dec 28 06:05:10 UTC 2014

I have had a look at the NTPns package and I don’t think that you will be able do what you want without something naming the seconds. As you have GPSDO’s to give you UTC aligned seconds you may be able to use the voice time service TIM to help you manually set the system clock to the nearest sec and then just have the 1PPS on gpio to get align the seconds to UTC. I have done this and it works ok. However, you won’t get the upcoming leap second adjustment (my bet is on Jun 30 next year, but it could be pushed out to Dec31 ). If you are not using snmp, you will not be able to do monitoring either.

I would be inclined to use  NTP rather than NTPns as per <http://www.febo.com/pages/soekris>. I know that the 4501 has only 128Mb , but that is easily enough.