[time-nuts] Replacement fan in SR620

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 2 19:28:35 UTC 2014

A little off topic but It seems many instruments (the SR620 and 53132A included) would work best with an internal fan. (A closed system, not exchanging outside air). Possibly with some sort of internal/external heat sink if needed. Or in high power situations outside air would flow through  a hollow heatsink (again not exchanging outside and internal air). If nothing else this would keep dust out. Since fan filters can really restrict air-flow and without a filter dust on circuit boards can act as on thermal insulator leading to overheating while conducting static.
Thomas Knox