[time-nuts] EFC divider resistors

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Mon Feb 3 20:03:21 UTC 2014

To all those time-nuts (volt-nuts as well) who have been chatting about
temperature controlled environments, here is my input.

I found a very neat ready-built controlled oven at a number of hamfests in
the southeast (Florida & Alabama) that work quite well to enclose small
circuits that need to be temperature controled  I found them still being
sold by Fair Radio (www.fairradio.com) for only $12 apiece.  Schematic is
included to increase their value to us hackers. Their catalog number is
OSC-8004290G1.  The outside dimensions of the box is 6.5x2x3.3 inches, with
about 0.5 inches of insulation and inner enclosure.

They were used in Army GRT-21/22 transmitters, and contain all the necessary
temperature control circuitry, as well as a crystal oscillator.  I bought a
couple of these gems and removed the oscillator circuitry and had a nice
oven assembly with enough room inside to house a lot of circuitry for just
about any thing requiring close trmperature control.  It's designed to run
at 75C, but with a few resistor changes, the temperature can be lowered if
desired. It's insulated pretty well, too.

Not a power miser by any stretch, but it has lots of potential.

Cheers,
Dave M