[time-nuts] Rb as source for ADEV?

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Feb 6 23:52:04 UTC 2014

> Simple answer - doing this directly with a counter is not the best approach.

Most of us work with what we have. I think it's pretty cool what Bob is doing with a 5335A. Someday he may buy or build something better. Your best may not be his best, or my best. What is best at one tau is not at another. Time-nuts has never been about being best (otherwise we all loose to USNO); it's about learning and exploring this interesting field of time & frequency with what we have at home, whether it's the ADEV of 60 Hz or ADEV of a 5335A/GPSDO, etc.

/tvb