[time-nuts] Rb as source for ADEV?

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 7 01:39:23 UTC 2014

To add a bit to this discussion I recently switched from using from using HP5370B's for long term data collection to HP5335's.   For plotting the long term drift of two of my more stable OCXO's versus a GPSDO  the 5335's combined with Timelab work fine for my limited needs.   Just for grins I compared the same sources using both the 5370B's and the 5335's at the same time and overlaid the ADEV plots, IIRC the results were identical for Tau's of approx 2,000 seconds and higher.

At times I also compare the OCXO's to one of my better Rb's (while also comparing the OCXO's to the GPSDO) to provide a bit of a sanity check that the GPSDO is behaving itself.    I also wrote data collection routines using that time stamp all of the data I collect which makes later comparisions considerably easier.

Regards
Mark S