[time-nuts] Rb as source for ADEV?

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Feb 7 03:31:43 UTC 2014

Yes, just grab the code for calc_adev() in http://leapsecond.com/tools/adev_lib.c and always set ovlp = 1. Either way, it's ADEV; it's just that the overlap method gives better results (smaller error bars).

> http://www.evoria.net/AE6RV/GPSstd_PLL/Plots/ADEV.2.6.png

Suggestion: do not label the x-axis "time in seconds". This gives the impression that the axis is some sort of elapsed time. Better wording might be "integration time", or "sampling interval", or "averaging time", or "tau", or "sampling interval, tau".

/tvb