[time-nuts] BC637PCI and OCXO

d0ct0r time at patoka.org
Fri Feb 7 18:58:05 UTC 2014

Now I have the plan. Thanks !

I'll try to connect external OCXO to that 15-pin connector, then using
provided utility, I could switch to external oscillator.

I think here is settings for externally connected source of 10Mhz:

12. Select Clock Source ->
   0. Internal
   1. External

Probably I'll need to do some adjustment using so-called "Advanced
settings":

Advanced Menu:

  1. Control Jam-Sync
  2. Force Jam-Sync
  3. Set Clock Value
  4. Load D/A Converter
  5. Set Disciplining Gain
  6. Disconnect Battery to RTC Chip
  0. Back to main menu

Regards,

V.P.

On 2014-02-07 13:39, GandalfG8 at aol.com wrote:
> My first card at least is a Datum card so quite old now, and that was
> fine
> doing what you want to do..
>
> You really will need to read the manuals in some detail and I do
> suggest
> downloading the larger of the two files I uploaded, that will give you
> the
> latest versions of the Demo programs that allow adjustment of the card,
> as
> well  as the earlier versions of the same and all the manuals
> For some things, with earlier versions anyway, it's better to use the
> BC635 version of the Demo software, as that comes with a built in help
> section
> which the BC637 version lacks.
>
> I'll try and get a card installed so I can run the software properly
> again
> and if so will come back with more information later.
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel
> GM8PZR

> time at patoka.org
> writes:
>

> It  seems I have first generation of that card. And I was thinking to
> use
> that  card as a source of 1PPS and 10MHZ - not to feed it from another
> reference. I though it is possible to do some "modding" to replace VCXO
> by OCXO.
>
> PCI Board Revision ID : 18 (0x12), Firmware Version :  DT10041V11
>

> On 2014-02-07 03:00, mike cook wrote:
>> Le 7  févr. 2014 à 00:18, d0ct0r a écrit :
>>

>>>  Hello,
>>>
>>> Does anybody seen any links to the information  how to implement
>>> external OCXO to Symmetricom PCI TFP BC635/BC637  ?
>>>

>>    check the Symmetricom  datasheets. You don't mention the version
>> you
>> are needing info for ,  IRIG/GPS..  Anyway,  all  that I glanced at
>> show an  Exr. 10MHz ref input on pin 1 of the sub-D 15 connector.
>> Digital, 40%  to 60% or sine, 0.5V to 8V p-p, > 10kOhm.
>> ex.
>>

> <http://www.symmetricom.com/resources/download-library/documents/datasheets/bc637pci-v2>
>>
>>> --
>>> WBW,