[time-nuts] How I got my FE-5680A to lock in Sydney, Australia

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 8 16:36:53 UTC 2014

Hi Jim,

On 07/02/14 05:19, Jamieson (Jim) Rowe wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
> Thanks for those suggestions also. So if I understand you right, I'd be
> better off trying to tweak the oscillator tuning -- using the trimcap?
> Or did you mean via the RS-232C 'offset adjustment' command?

I covered this in another message I just sent, but for completeness:

You want the C217 trim-cap adjusted such that the lock-in sweep will
sweep over 10 MHz, because that's where the synthesized magic locks up
and you get 10 MHz out.

If you use the offset adjustment, you could possibly get it to lock up,
but not producing the 10 MHz you expect.

Once you got the trick, it's actually quite fun to trim and get the warm
fuzzy feeling of fixing it as it locks up.

Cheers,
Magnus