[time-nuts] How I got my FE-5680A to lock in Sydney, Australia

Jamieson (Jim) Rowe jimrowe at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 9 02:16:05 UTC 2014

Hi Beale,

Thanks for those suggestions. I had looked at that FAQ already, and when I
checked the unit (before I inverted it) with a counter coupled to the 1pps
signal from my GPSDO for its timebase, it was swinging through 10MHz
(from -230Hz to +36Hz). But not evenly on either side, and it was spending
somewhat longer below 10MHz than above.

However I will try returning it to the 'right way up' position, then opening
it up and running adjusting trim cap C217 to see if I can get it to swing
equally either side of 10MHz. Hopefully I should then be able to get a
reliable lock  even 'right way up' -- right?

Cheers,

Jim Rowe